OUR 10TH YEAR OF SERVICE
TO THE CITY OF BETHLEHEM, BETHLEHEM AND HANOVER TOWNSHIPS AND THE BOROUGHS OF FOUNTAIN HILL, FREEMANSBURG AND HELLERTOWN

Phone: 610-625-2121 FAX: 610-625-2126 gtaylor@tnonline.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2019


June 19, 2019

SPECIAL RECOGNITION

BASD’s Clymer is Kopf Award recipient

Barbara Clymer, the Bethlehem Area School District’s executive assistant to the superintendent of schools, was recently honored with the Gertrude E. Kopf Award of Recognition by the Pennsylvania Association of Education Office Professionals. Over the past 30 years she has been a clerk in the Human Resources office, was an administrative assistant to the associate superintendent and, for the past decade, has worked in the superintendent’s office. Photo: Executive Assistant to Superintendent Dr. Joseph Roy, Barbara Clymer has worked at the Bethlehem Area School District for 30 years.

Photo by Dana Grubb

 

Boyle earns Family Award of Excellence

Bethlehem resident Nathan Boyle is the 2019 Sheetz Family Award of Excellence winner. Awarded June 7 during the Special Olympics Pennsylvania Summer Games, Boyle was honored for his distinguished sportsmanship and perseverance throughout the games.

Photo: Nathan Boyle of Bethlehem, (left) the 2019 recipient of the Sheetz Family Award of Excellence, with Sheetz public relations manager Nick Ruffner, who presented the award.

Courtesy A. Special Olympics

 

GRADUATION-SAUCON VALLEY-JUNE 7

‘This is where we started’

While the night air grew chilly the evening of June 8, the celebration of memories, relationships and accomplishments warmed the auditorium at Saucon Valley HS, where the class of 2019 took the stage to say goodbye. Photo: Kara Smith, Bryce VanNorman and Jina Morel enjoy the moment prior to the processional.  Kara and Bryce both plan to study nursing, while Jina will attend Northampton Community College and major in education.

By Elizabeth Kemmerer and Douglas Graves

 

GRADUATION-LV CHRISTIAN HS-JUNE 8

‘Everyone here becomes like family’

“We’re too small, if only we were bigger.” The sentence, spoken during the 2019 Lehigh Valley Christian HS commencement address, could summarize the plight of any school which features a graduating class of six. Thoughts turn, the speaker noted, to what we don’t have instead of what we do have. “But remember, while we are small, we are small with God,” added commencement speaker Henry Crush. Photo: LVCHS graduate Tiara Hernandez after receiving her diploma from Lehigh Valley Christian HS during the 2019 commencement June 8.

By Stephen Althouse

 


GRADUATION-LV CHARTER HS FOR THE ARTS-JUNE 11

‘I’ll always be thankful’

They demand attention, pull at the heartstrings and are guided by imagination. Wherever they appear, the students of the Lehigh Valley Charter HS for the Arts excel at personal expression, and their own graduation is never an exception. Welcoming their families with Edith Piaf’s “La Vie en Rose” and a haunting rendition of the Star Spangled Banner under the spotlights at Miller Symphony Hall in Allentown June 11, the school’s students – and now graduates – earned their accolades and degrees. Photo: Charter Arts graduating seniors gather by their principal prior to commencement. From left, Daniel Kim from Center Valley, Julia Shively from Bethlehem, Alethea Lamb from Easton, Dr. Carise Comstock, and Grace Crouthamel from Jim Thorpe.

By Nate Jastrzemski and Ed Courrier

 

CLASSROOM

LV students shine in Freddy’s spotlight

Student cast members, selected from all participating school productions, join for a medley of showtunes during the Freddy Awards opening number rehearsal May 22. In front, at center is Lindsey Sommons as Mrs. Potts from the Liberty HS production of “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.” Liberty received 10 Freddy nominations, including one for Sommons for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role. Although she didn’t bring home a Freddy, the young actress scored a $1,000 Sing for America Scholarship.

By Ed Courrier

 

SPORTS

Red tops Gold in McDonald Classic

Northampton’s Hunter Werkheiser and Nate Bendekovits truly cherished the moments and the overall experience with the recent 49th annual McDonald’s Lehigh Valley All-Star Football Classic at Nazareth’s Andrew S. Leh Stadium.

By Jeff Moeller

 

FOCUS

Part of the story

The world-famous Cirque du Soleil brings a thrilling and “cool” new show, “Crystal,” to PPL Center, Allentown, June 26-30. The production blends stunning acrobatics and figure skating. With aerial feats and impressive artistry on ice, “Crystal” is predicted to surpass expectations in a breakthrough show. “Crystal” has an international cast of 43 performers, including figure, extreme and freestyle ice skaters, plus acrobats, musicians and comics.

By Camille Capriglione

 


OTHER STORIES

Bethlehem Area SD: Title 1 plan targets negative behaviors

Bethlehem: 4th annual DiGiacinto Golf Tournament

Fountain Hill: Storm water sweeps away extra cash

Lehigh County: County authority gets new life

Lehigh Valley: ‘Go Red for Women’ raises $100,000 fro Heart Assoc.

Lehigh Valley: Report shows some air quality gains

Lehigh Valley: TPA’s Altruism Awards

State: Nursing home conditions; Pa. fares poorly

South Bethlehem: Charter Arts class donation helps with animal medical expenses

South Bethlehem: Steelworkers-Veterans Memorial to move

Student profiles: Julia Zheng, Liberty HS

 

WEEKLY FEATURES

Around town community calendar

Police logs

Area obituaries

Center for Animal Health and Welfare

Volunteers

 

MEET THE PRESS





The Bethlehem Press online

Where to buy the Bethlehem Press

To subscribe: New start

Send news to the Bethlehem Press

To advertise: Ad staff

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter







 

4 comments:

  1. HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Emmanuel the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Emmanuel write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Emmanuel instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348140073965. And He a lso have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC 

      Delete
  2. My name is john Rooney am from U.S.A. I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Imoloa herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.imoloa herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. u can contact him drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . call or whats-apps him through +2347081986098 . he is also specialize on.... GETTING YOUR VIRGINITY BACK.

    Thanks for the Enlarging my penis sir, you indeed save my marriage...I am really grateful sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Emmanuel the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Emmanuel write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Emmanuel instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348140073965. And He a lso have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC 

    ReplyDelete